A Wintry Night
In the stillness
of the night.
One lone owl
Begins her flight.
Soaring high above
On the icy breeze.
Searching below
Through the barren trees.
Ever watchful
Circling all around.
When a shadow
Dashes across the ground.
She quickly descends
Forceful through the air
Talons ready
to grab the hare.
The clouds circle
the wintry moon.
As the little hare
meets its doom.
The owl begins
To climb high into the trees
Bringing her catch
To the young ones in need.
Ever watchful
As the cold winds blow
She glances around
As it begins to snow.
Snowflakes fall
From the night sky.
As the cold winds
Go rushing by.
She watches the sun
Rise above the trees.
As the snow settles
Upon the fallen leaves.
Day has begun
As the snow dances in the light
She rests now, for she knows that soon it will be
Another long wintry night.
Written by:
Darla Palombia
December 9, 2014
It has been some time since I have been able to gather my thoughts, however tonight after doing my 30 minute workout, Lily and I went out for a late night walk. The night air was cold and you can just feel that winter is coming. As I was watching the clouds around the moon, the words above came to me.
It is so obvious that when God is working on bringing you the great things that He has planned in your life, the devil works very hard to counter it. Such is how I felt yesterday while at my new position. I know that God brought me to this job account He knows that with Him, I will be able to do it. He does not bring me to anything that He does not see me through, but at your weakest moment, the devil steps in. I guess he thought he was gonna win, but God is always stronger and in my life, the devil will be no longer. For what God has planned for me, is so much more than the dreams I have for myself. I just have to trust and believe. It is hard to do that though, sometimes. The flesh is definitely weak and can easily succomb to the temptations and beliefs that the world puts out there. Take for instance Christmas, isn't it amazing that in 1964, Charles M. Schulz's A Charlie Brown Christmas had Charlie Brown asking the same thing that today we are asking. Has Christmas become too commercialized? As the dynamics of the gifts seem to change, the commercialism seems to be growing and people forget the true meaning. Until you hear it! One of the most beautiful songs ever written, Silent Night. There is something about the song that just brings it all back into perspective, what Christmas truly is...the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ.
Just listen and hear the song:
Silent night,
Holy night
All is calm
All is bright
Round yon Virgin
Mother and child
Holy Infant
So tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace
Sleep in heavenly peace.

There is nothing so beautiful as watching a baby sleep. The innocence of the baby allows him/her to sleep with no worries, peaceful. The love that fills your heart at the sight of a sleeping child is overwhelming. I remember watching my sons sleep and wondered what could I have possibly done right, that God chose me to be their mother. He truly trusted me to guide and teach them. To be strong enough to let them go when the time came, but always be there for them when they need me. I ask God, did I do okay? Did I raise them how You wanted me to? Letting them go off into the world, is so hard. Watching them struggle while facing challenges, when all you want to do is make it right for them, but how will they grow, if I am not strong enough to step aside and let them go. A mother's love is unconditional. No matter how they turn out, your children are a part of you, and you love them. It maybe easy for a love between a man and woman fade, but a mother's love never fades, it grows stronger with each day. Even when they have grown and moved out on their own, the love never stops. They are forever in your heart.
So as you are decorating your tree
Remember the times of long ago
And how Jesus still loves us so.
Even in this world today
Love will truly guide the way.
Open your hearts, to Christmas joy
Value the time, with family and friends
Ever thankful, say AMEN!
Happy tree decorating!
Until we meet again.
No comments:
Post a Comment