Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Twas the Tuesday Before Thanksgiving...

November 25, 2014

   Twas the Tuesday before Thanksgiving
    At 10:47 p.m.
    As I watch Chicago Fire
    And all the gorgeous men.

  My Christmas tree is up
  The lights all aglow
  Warming my heart with memories
  Of holidays long ago.

  Thanksgiving morning
  Waking up to wonderful smells.
  Turkey roasting in the oven
  Pumpkin pies cooling on the shelves.

 Anxiously waiting
 Watching Macy's parade on TV
 Santa coming down 34th Street
 Our hearts filled with glee.

As we grew older
The holidays seemed to change
 But the true meanings
 Forever remain the same.

 Thanksgiving is not about
 The fabulous foods we will consume.
 It is a time for reflecting and thankfulness
 For all the blessings that did bloom,

Christmas is when,
A gift we did receive.
God's son was born on earth
He came for you and for me.

As we grow older
We continue to learn the real reason.
That love is forever intertwined
Throughout the holiday seasons,
     
         Written by:  Darla E. Palombia
                             November 25, 2014

          So many blessings have been happening in my life.  November 3, 2014 I began my college journey.  November 17, 2014 I started to transition into my new position as the new bookkeeper at Potomac Falls High School.  One more week of transition and then on December 8th I am there officially.  It is an exciting time, but sad too.  I have enjoyed my years in the World department and have learned a great deal.  I am so thankful for these blessings that God has brought into my life.  I am filled with excitement, happiness and of course, anxiety.  But that does not last long for I trust God,  My driving force:  If God brings me to it, He will bring me through it.
          My fitness journey is staying on course and I now have a new goal.  In 2016, I am determined to run the half marathon Princess Race in Walt Disney World.  Thirteen miles, so I am going to start training.  I will research training techniques.  On November 15, 2014 in Pittsburgh PA, my sister and I ran/walked the 5K Color Run.  We plan to do it again next year, it was a total blast.  Forty minutes of Zumba got us warmed up.





      Part of the fitness journey is healthy eating and keeping the focus.  This week is a challenging week with all the wonderful foods.  I, however, will make smart choices but I will truly enjoy.






 I do so love this time of year.  Lily and I have been walking and enjoying the lights that are starting to light up the streets.




  Still watching the Hallmark Holiday movies and this weekend I will complete my decorating of my condo for the Christmas holiday. The decorating of the tree has brought many memories.  Decorating the tree with my mom and dad, throwing tinsel on the branches.  The first is one of my favorite ornaments from my mom & dad's.  I would look for this ornament to put on the tree every year.  The second ornament, I received while I was in the Girl Scouts.  Memories!





                         May this Thanksgiving bring you many blessings and warm memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment