Sunday, March 1, 2015

Welcome March 2015

Sunday, March 1, 2015

 March is roaring in like a lion as the crazy day began with snow, turning over to sleet, then rain and then back to icy rain and snow.  It is even worse when you wake up all congested and unable to breathe...yuck!  
 But I welcome March!  March brings Spring, Spring brings the robins and flowers and new life.  February passed quickly, another Valentine's day came with no special someone in my life.  That no longer bothers me for over the past year, I have come to accept the direction that God is taking me.  When not only the time, but the person is right, God will make it that we will meet and then it will grow from there.  This time around, I will be equally yoked and though we are two individuals, with careers and interests, we will be one.  Someone told me that I have to play at being hard to get, be a challenge, make the man want to keep hunting me. Maybe I should hire someone like Hitch to guide me in being attractive and hunt worthy to the male species. (Hahahahaha)
  Tomorrow begins my second semester of my college journey.  I will be studying Native American History, Music Appreciation and Spanish 1.  Very excited for the upcoming eight weeks. So many blessings that God is bringing into my life, I am so humbled and thankful.  My first semester I actually did better than I anticipated, so I have set some personal goals towards graduation.  I have a few years to make these goals a reality.  In April, I will be changing my program of study to Accounting-Finance.  I already hold an Associate's in accounting and have been working as a bookkeeper since 2008, so it makes more sense to pursue a Bachelors that is in alignment to my career journey.
  My fitness & wellness journey is going strong.  I continue to learn new things and am working on healthy recipes.  I am eager for Spring because I will be able to take Lily for the long walks we enjoy and I am going to be getting roller skates.  Once I have the roller skating back down, Lily and I will be able to roller skate together.  I am also going to be incorporating bicycling into my fitness journey.  My new indoor fitness workout is going to be hula hoop!  Recently I have been doing water aerobics that I am really enjoying.  An ideal workout plan is one that has different workout routines to keep the body shocked.  I love working out and taking care of myself.  When I finally went to purchase my new wardrobe, it felt totally amazing to see the results of the journey that I started five years ago.  It is definitely a challenging journey, but a very worthwhile one.  I find myself enjoying working out, but my favorite workout is with my dog, Lily.  Walking the neighborhoods or hiking the trails in the parks, spending time with her is so peaceful.  When doing my workout DVDs, she is right there with me.  I have to say, that these past two months have been very challenging for me.  The cold temperatures have caused me to snuggle deeper into my covers and not get up and do my morning workouts, but that is changing this week.  Spring is coming and I do not want to waste one moment of the mornings.  I also feel so much better when I do my morning workout.  No more excuses...time to move!!!


I am sharing the lesson above, because I find this to sum me up.  Having a warm and caring heart is so much more beautiful then cosmetic fixes to a body.  Hard work does payoff in the end.  You just cannot give up, you have to keep going at it.  There is no failure as long as you continue and push on.  Results and changes will come, it takes time.  You may wonder how I know, well I know this because it was not until my fourth year in my fitness & wellness journey that changes truly started to show.  I am excited about this path of my life.  
But none of the accomplishments in my life could I have done on my own, for it is with Jesus' guidance and strength.  I am dreaming the dream that God has for me.  It is His will that will be done.  On every path that my life journey is traveling on, it is God who is directing the way.  When I am struggling, He is there.  When I am triumphant, He is there.  For every moment in my life, He is there.  Even when the devil is trying to beat me down, He is there to beat him back.  So when you feel life is challenging you and the devil is pounding on your door, take a step back, look up and just ask, "God what lesson am I to learn from this challenge?  I am Yours and I am listening."  He will give you the answer and show you the way.  He will change the challenge into a triumphant lesson for you
Bring on Spring! 
Enjoy the link above and think Spring!

Until I write again.
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment