Where has the Time Gone!
August opened its doors with beginning a new semester of college. Microeconomics and Literature are the courses that I am in. This is week four! I am finding economics to be much more interesting this time around than I did back in 1982-83. Maybe because I am older and have experienced different aspects of the work force, I find the dynamics not to be as boring as when I was 18. Then there is Literature. Learning about the writers and delving into their writing and discovering bits and pieces of myself in their work. So fascinating how one can connect with individuals that wrote works of classic portion before even one was born or too young to read. This week will be a challenge for me in Literature account we have to watch the movie: In Cold Blood. The story is written by Truman Capote based on true events. This is not the kind of movie, nor book that I would read, so hence the challenge.
August also brought in the gearing up for school to begin. It has been a quiet summer, even though my school hosted summer school. I did not realize just how quiet until the staff began returning, but I am so happy to be having the hustle and bustle of the school. It is invigorating and truly exciting. The principal at my school is extremely creative in how to teach the staff of the new changes and going over the "old" boring stuff that must be done at the beginning of each new school year. This year for seven days the teachers are competing in "The Amazing Potomac Falls Race". Each day, there are creative activities that the teams have to do and perform. The team that completes the challenges first win prizes. Let me tell you, the business community stepped up and contributed some awesome prizes. It has been a privilege to be able to participate and assist with this endeavor.
August also brought the union of my sister and her partner together in marriage. After being together for 35 years to finally be united in lawful marriage has been an answer to their prayers. I was honored to be the officiant of the union. That is right folks, January of this year, through the Universal Life Church, I became ordained so that I could humbly honor the request of my sister to be the officiant. She is always telling me that I missed my calling, I do not think that I have.
God uses people and their situations to help others. When I was younger, though I was very much a believer and Christian, to completely devote my life, I was not ready. There were many hardships, loses and joys that I not only had to go through, but continue to experience to strengthen me to do the work that He is guiding me to do. That is why that even enjoying the constant business that is my life, I am learning to make the quiet times and regain the full focus on Jesus. He is what fuels my day and He is the provider of the strength and wisdom to get me through.
I believe that everyone of us, minister to someone at sometime. Many are not even aware that they are doing it. Doing things to brighten someone's spirit when going through a low time, preparing meals for family and friends, baking cookies, calling just to say "hello" can be a way to minister to someone. For when you are doing things out of love, you are ministering. As I was going through the business of last week, it finally dawned on me what Jesus was teaching me. It is not a matter of who you are living your life with, it is how you are living your life that matters. Are you helping those that have hit rock bottom and need a helping hand? Are you praying for those in your life that you do not like? Are you asking God to change your heart? For we are to love each and every person in this world. The color of their skin, the country of their birth, whether they speak English or not. we should be loving them. Caring for the poor and down trodden. Feeding the hungry and providing water to those that are thirsty. We should be clothing the naked and providing shelter to the homeless. We should be loving and not judging anyone!
Even in the places that call themselves, God's house, judgement is going on. When speaking against someone for the choices they make, judgement is taking place. When you constantly ridicule a lifestyle that individuals choose to live, judgement is taking place. When you turn away from one because of how they may look or speak, judgement is taking place. Who am I to judge, for I am of flesh and bone. I was born into a world that is surrounded by judgement. Judgement is a sin that no one acknowledges as sin. When you are judging someone, are you showing love? When you are judging someone, are you being kind? When you are judging someone, are you representing God?
Yet, even I judge. I judge a person's motives instead of showing God's grace. I judge a person's actions instead of showing God's forgiveness. I judge a person's character instead of showing God's love for the person they are. I judge when I should be embracing! I judge when I should be giving! I judge when I should be accepting! I judge when I should be loving!
Each day my eyes are opened to my failures and to whom I am failing. But, each day I am learning to pray harder, love stronger and not let a moment go by without lifting my failures up to God, asking Him to show me the way and teach me the lesson that I must learn this day.
I may not be able to quote the Bible word for word, but I can give love. I can walk like Jesus, I can give like Jesus, I can love like Jesus. When the moment comes and words are needed, God gives them to me.
September 6, 2015 I will be singing at my church in Leesburg. I have struggled with what song that I will sing. One day as I was talking to God about this, He gave me these words:
Only Jesus
Written by:
Darla E. Palombia
July 25, 2015
When I was a little girl
The monsters lived under my bed.
But as I grew older
The monsters moved inside my head.
Day after day the monsters
Played upon my mind.
Telling me I am not worthy
To have this life of mine.
But, Only Jesus!
Can heal this broken heart.
Only Jesus!
Can make the monsters stop!
For He died for me
So I could be set free.
(and) Only Jesus!
In me, He believes!
This pain that I am living
Wasn’t meant to last this long.
I must give up these burdens
To Him, who I belong.
For you know when trouble comes
It can be overcome.
Just crying out His Name
With Jesus the battle will be won.
For, Only Jesus!
Can mend this broken heart.
(and) Only Jesus!
Can make the troubles stop.
For He died for me
So I could be set free.
Only Jesus!
In me, He believes.
And, Only Jesus!
Can heal this troubled soul.
Only Jesus!
Once again can make me whole.
For He died for me
So I could be set free.
Only Jesus!
In me, He believes.
Yes, Only Jesus!
In me, He believes.
He believes
In me, He believes!!!
.
Two butterflies, different in color and design but gracefully sharing the sweet nectar of the garden.
Here a butterfly and a bumble bee share the same flower.
I took these pictures at Greendance Winery in Pennsylvania. The place was beautiful and peaceful.
Each day, Joy is discovered!
Stay Tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment