Sunday, October 4, 2015

October Reflections

October 4, 2015

October Reflections!

     The month of October has arrived and I ask myself, where did August and September go? 
 August brought the uniting of my sister, Sharon and her partner Nora together in marriage.  They have been together for 35 years and now, by law was able to make it a legal marriage.  Though in their hearts and commitment to each other, have been married for a very long time. August also brought the teachers and students back to school.  I have to admit, that after being out of the school environment for almost four years, I forgot the craziness of the beginning of the school year.













 September came in and before I realized it, time for the Color Run in Pittsburgh.  It was truly a great weekend spent with friends and family.  Saturday, September 19th started with Zumba for 45 minutes leading up to lining up and beginning the Color Run at 9:15 a.m.  It was truly a great experience once again.





   After having one full month of school being opened, you would think that things would be calming down.  Instead, I realized just how unprepared I was for the onslaught of taking on the substitutes would be.  Many believe me to be overwhelmed...I am not.  All things will get done according to God's daily structure for me.  What I did let happen was the frustration of the lack of a procedural policy for the teachers to be set in place, get to me.  Apparently venting is a sign of being overwhelmed to some.  I am not now, nor have I been overwhelmed by taking on the aspect of the job of doing the substitutes, but that is not going to solve the problem.  What does solve the problem is taking action to correct what was missing.  So, that is what I am now in the process of doing.  Putting a structure in place will create a more organized way of keeping the situation under control.  What many do not realize is that in the high school, it is much easier to move the substitutes around account of the block scheduling.  It is not a hindrance, but a blessing.  So, if a sub does not show up or a teacher fails to follow procedure, you can juggle the subs you do have.  I do admit, that Friday, I was extremely frustrated by the lack of procedure and protocol than being called from doing my bookkeeping job and to find coverage for someone.  I was also letting others tell me how I was feeling, when in reality, they were far off base.  I finally acknowledged that the devil was attacking a weakness in my job environment, that I now see clearly.  Even though others meant well, the devil was using them to get to me.  Well, too bad, he has not and will not succeed. I prayed and asked Jesus to step in.  He did!   You see, you have to submit not only your personal life, but your professional life to Jesus. I learned that this week.  The devil can have no part of me, personally or professionally.    This is a new week,  a new month and by Wednesday, there will be procedures and proper protocol for the teachers, the substitutes and for myself in regards to requesting leave.  This is a great opportunity for me. By doing the leave requests and substitutes for the teachers, I am actually getting to know the teachers and substitutes better.  This helps me to develope a substitute list.   The devil is sneaky, and this is not the first time he has tried to interfere in my professional life since becoming the bookkeeper at Potomac Falls, however he will not get a third time.  I submit my professional career to Jesus and it is Jesus who will light my path and lead the way.  Not only am I submitting my professional and personal life to Jesus, but also my college life.  
  This week I begin Algebra for the next eight weeks.  I had to withdraw from it the first time I attempted, but this time, I will succeed.  I have many who are willing to help me and I will triumph.  Even if I pass with a C, I will still succeed.  Why, because I am surrendering everything I am and every aspect of my life to Jesus.  I am nothing without Him.  God has blessed me with many gifts, and with those gifts I will do His will. Over the next couple of months,  I will be compiling and restructuring my poetry book.  I will look into getting it published as I begin the second book I am working on.  This will be book of my photos of nature and butterflies.  I know it will make a awesome "table" book.  Much will be accomplished through Him who strengthens me. 
  I saw the movie "War Room" this weekend.  It was powerful and has made me truly think about where I am in my prayer life.  I am going to spend this next week in preparing a place that I can make my war "prayer" room.  I am going to make sure that there is a time that I spend with God and being in His word.  Also, there was a line in the movie that made me realize exactly what I am searching for in a man and why I have not been able to find the right one.  I am seeking a man who is chasing after Jesus.  A man who will be willing to pray with me, go to church with me and who will do God's will with me.  
 I can honestly and with a joyful heart say, that I am happy where I am right now and with the person that God is molding me to be.  I will not let the devil steal my joy.  He will not steal my joy at work, not at church, when I am doing my college work, and especially when I am sitting alone in my home. I rebuke thee Satan, you can not have my sons, my grandsons, my daughter-in-law nor any of my sisters or brother.  The war room will be built, for I am a WARRIOR for God and it is time for me to put the God's ARMOR ON!   My joy is in Jesus and in God, my father.  
 This weekend I spent time with a friend that I missed spending time with.  I truly appreciated being with this friend and just relaxing.  He relaxes me and helps me to see things in a new perspective, even when we do not talk about what is going on.  There is always something in our conversations that he will say, that opens my eyes and ears to what I truly need to hear.  In the words, I see where I failed and how I can change.  
 Today after two great church services, I came home and just chilled out.  I put on my "electric" fireplace, watched some Hallmark movies and Food Network.  It was pure joy!!  
 It is now 11;08 p.m. on a Sunday night, I will now prepare myself for the start of the work week, but I will also be setting the plan into motion as I once again prepare for the changes that God is doing in my life.  He opened my eyes and ears this weekend, I am watching and listening.   Most of all, I am praying.  

So Awesome is He
Who died on Calvary.
So great is the One
For my soul He has won.
Long before I was born
He knew who I would be
Every moment in my life
He created just for me.
Your arms are always open
Welcoming me home.
My joy is in you, Jesus
For with You, I am never alone.
You watch over me 
when I am sleeping.
You watch over me
When I am awake.
Everything in my life
Is Yours to give and take.
My joy is in you, Jesus
You put the smile upon my face
For You are always loving me
And giving me Your amazing grace.
So now as I prepare 
To close my eyes in sleep
May you watch over me, and
My heart and soul You keep.
May my sleep be filled 
With peaceful dreams
As I slumber on.
And may I wake refreshed and bright
Upon the early dawn.
Written this day: October 4, 2015
By: Darla E. Palombia


  Until we meet again, 
May God Bless and Watch over you!









No comments:

Post a Comment