Saturday, November 1, 2014

Sensational Saturday



November 1, 2014

                                                 Saturday!  Saturday! Saturday!

  How I love Saturday!  Saturdays are sensational because they are days to do absolutely nothing or absolutely everything.  Saturdays are cleaning days and singing days, they are the days that we look forward to account we can do whatever we want to do.  We can clean, sing, walk, dance or just kick back and relax.
  My Saturday begins with a morning walk with Lily.  Today we went 3.2 miles in 56 minutes, then I came home and did a 30 minute cardio workout.  Afterwards I made a healthy and nutritious breakfast.

  Then it was time to go and practice singing for church tomorrow.  Then I came home to relax along with Lily by watching Hallmark's holiday movies from previous seasons.  While enjoying the movies I did some laundry and made a healthy meal for dinner.



    Tonight's meal was a mixed green "holiday" style salad with a homemade lemon vinaigrette along with Butternut Squash & Barley.  Then it was time for Lily and I  to take our evening stroll.  We
 went for another 40 minute walk on this brisk cold start to November.
  Once back home, I went onto my college account to get my books for my classes that begin on Monday.  If someone were to tell me that at the age of 50 I would be going to college, all be it online, I would have told them that they were crazy.  But God is an amazing Father and over these past two months, He diligently has been putting everything in place.  He opened the doors that I need to be going through, He also gave me the courage to step through them.  So as November begins, so does the new path in my journey.  Scared, but so excited that I know He is going to see me through account this is were He brought me to.  What a wonderful weekend for it to begin.  Here I sit watching the first of the new movies of the holiday season.   I do so love these movies and they always make me cry, smile and laugh.  These movies bring hope and joy to a lonely heart,  Here is tonight feature:


   
  Autumn is my favorite time of year.  The many colors that are being displayed every day.  So vibrant and crisp.  Then the holiday seasons begin with Halloween which then flows into the joy of Thanksgiving with winter beginning and the celebration of my Savior's birth, Christmas.   Then the beginning of a whole new year.  But, for now I am enjoying November 1st.  November is going to be a great month.  I start college, I am volunteering at the Fun Run in Pittsburgh on the 15th and then Thanksgiving.  Yes, this is definitely going to be a good November.  
   I am singing in the Christmas Cantata at The Leesburg Church on December 14th.  The cantata is called The Winter Rose.  It is beautiful and the soprano parts are very challenging.  I have been so blessed.  I am blessed with song, I am blessed with words and most of all I am blessed with love.  Love from family, friends and most of all, God.  
  On nights like this, the only thing missing is a crackling fireplace.  Next place that I am blessed to live in, will definitely have a fireplace.  Then I can enjoy holiday movies, popcorn, Lily snuggled by my side and a warm fire crackling.  Who knows, it may just be that there will also be someone special in my life too.  It is all in God's hands.  
       I hope that everyone has a wonderful evening and a start to to this season of thanks
                                                    Until Next Time!!  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment