Sunday, August 21, 2016

Fresh Start

August 21, 2016

 It has been a very long time since I sat down to write about the journey that I have been taking with God.  What better day than Sunday to gather my thoughts.  Much has happened already this year, beginning with a fresh start.  
 I began 2016 with a 30 day challenge with the Universe.  Monday through Friday I receive an email from TUT-A note from the Universe.  These notes are inspirational and motivational notes that make me feel good and focused.  This year, the creator of TUT offered a 30 day challenge in January to not make resolutions, but to set goals and dreams.  Many may have done the challenge and then totally forgotten about it, but I consistently have been focusing and working towards these goals and dreams.  For two years now, in October I have created a vision board with a woman's church group.  Many of my 2015 visions came to fruition, so I was extremely excited to create my vision for 2016.  Much of my 30 day challenge was to strengthen my vision for 2016.  Along with these, my sister gave me a Cherokee prayer box.  Within this box, I placed three dreams.  Morning and evening I would hold my box and pray.  My first dream, a home with a front porch and a backyard.  
 God is Good!  This is a statement that many would rebuke because of all the evil and sadness taking place in this world.  But this is a statement of fact that does not change no matter what is happening in your life.  He is there at our lowest and He is there at our highest, and always during the in-between.  
  God took my first dream and placed it in the hands of three women that helped fulfill this dream.  One of the steps in the 30 day challenge was to post on a social media your goals for 2016.  A friend from my church, who happens to be my Facebook friend read my goals.  She reached out to another individual in the church that happen to be a realtor.  God placed it on her heart to reach out to me, through Facebook and connected us and she set in motion the next phase of the dream.  She put me in contact with a lender, that gave me a pre-approval for a home loan.  Knowing that my chances of finding the home that I dreamed of, lay northwest of Leesburg, she then put me into the capable hands of a realtor in West Virginia.  After searching many different homes, there was a home that God just kept drawing me back to.  An offer was made and on May 20, 2016, I became a new home owner.


Not only did my new home have a front porch and a backyard, but it had a deck too.  God is Good!!
 I was so excited when I made my first payment on my mortgage.  There are moments when it does not feel real and I think that I am going to wake up from my dream, but it is.  On my vision board for 2016, the home was fulfilled along with creating a special place where I sit and be just with God.  I read and write, reflect and praise Him.  
 I love to garden, and so far this year have established some small flower and rose gardens.  Next spring, I look forward to creating the garden where my vegetables will grow to help me focus on my healthy eating.  I found two beautiful parks that Lily and I can go walking.  There is so many new adventures that are around for us to explore.  Harper's Ferry, Shepherdstown and many other places that are just waiting for us.  
 Another dream, fulfilling my college education is coming along.  I have almost completed all general courses and entering into my major.  September will bring the start of two new courses.  After taking August as a breather, I look forward to my courses with a fresh new start. 
  This Autumn, I will complete my poetry book and by winter's end, the photography book that I have planned should be well on its way and will be completed by Spring 2017.  
  There are so many exciting things happening and this world is still filled with love, mystery and magic.  God has not given up on us, so we should not give up on Him.  Take a moment and step outside, just stand and listen.  You will hear it in the noisiest of cities to the quietness in the country.  Life is what you will hear.  Where there is life, there is God.  Where there is life, there is love to be found.  





  Do not let life pass by you.  Do not let fear drive you, but let Jesus take control of the wheel.  Shout out into the University your dreams and your goals.  For it is written, "Ask and you shall receive, know and the door will be opened."  
 Tomorrow will bring new challenges and opportunities as my journey with God continues but today I am at peace and enjoying this moment with Him. 

  Until I write again.
Many Blessings may God bring you!


No comments:

Post a Comment