Friday, September 26, 2014

Finally Friday!!

                                  Oh, Yes!  Yes!  Yes!   It is FINALLY Friday!!!!!

   If ever there seemed to be a week, that just did not seem to want to end, this was definitely the week, my friend.
   September is coming to an end, Autumn has begun and the weather has been absolutely glorious.  I believe that I have Fall Fever.  It is that time of year, when the colors slowly begin to change, the nights are cooler and the sunshine is brighter.  Mornings you wake up to the haze all around and you can feel God's presence in every sight and every sound.  The crisp Autumn air smells fresh and He is about to do some of the greatest work that happens on this earth.
  Many seem to view Autumn as the season of death.  All the plants seem to wither and die, many animals seem to disappear and the earth (in some parts) seems to lose its color.  But every living thing goes through the cycles of the seasons every year, no matter what climate they live in.  You see, I see Autumn as the time for rebirth to begin.  For in order to be reborn, you must die first. Autumn comes and the trees burst into flames of color.  Reds, oranges, yellows, and burgundy.  The fall foliage comes ablaze with the colors of fall and brightens up the forest and the mountains, the neighborhoods and the lanes.  Then the Autumn winds come and the trees let go of the old, to fall down to the earth below and give the ground a blanket of color.  Ah, to be a kid again, raking the leaves into a big pile and then running into them to scatter them all around once more.  To smell the crisp apples, pleasant pumpkins and all the other fabulous finds that grow in preparation of the Autumn harvest.  Candy and caramel apples, pumpkin pies, oh the treats that we eat from this wonderful time of year.
 Alas, you look around and everything, especially in the Northern states, has turned brown.  For many this resembles death, for me, it resembles sleep.  The trees and buds are resting, preparing for winter.  The strength is needed from the rest, so that they will survive the cold, bitter winds, deep snow and even ice.  For when we rest, the body rests and helps the muscles to strengthen.
  That is right folks, without rest, your body cannot become strong.  The muscles can not recuperate if not rested.  I do admit, it is hard for me to "rest".  I seem to always be buzzing around doing this or that.  Running off to exercise classes, never truly taking the time to rest, until, the body shuts down.  How, well, you catch a cold or allergies or worst.  We delude ourselves into thinking that I cannot get sick, I am working out every single day.  I am eating healthier, I drink plenty of water.  But, am I getting rest, nooooo!   I have two rest days a week, do I follow them, um I didn't.  I do now.  I realize that I have to let my muscles rest and I have to do a calm activity, not just for my body, but for my mind also.  These days I am now look forward to account I can then focus on my writing, my photography and reading my Bible.  I can begin back into my crafts and learn something new.
 Yes, Friday is finally here and this week I have drawn some conclusions for my life.  I am going to go back to school  I am going to take some on-line courses.  Keep the brain stimulated.
  I am going to do some baking and cooking in preparation of the upcoming week.  I love to make soups and stews. I freeze them in the portions for future dinners or lunches.  This time of year, just brings out the chef and baker in me.  Funny thing is, I was born June 21st, the very first day of summer!
  As Friday is the final day of the work week, Autumn is the final season of the year.  All go to sleep, to rest and to prepare.  Just as we do each and every Friday.  We sleep, we rest, and we prepare for the next work week to begin.  What a wonderful week this truly was!

 Finally Friday
Has once again come.
It is now time to rest
and have some fun.

For the week of work
Dragged your spirits down
And turned your smile
into a frown.

But the frown will not last
As you dance Friday night away
Looking forward to plenty of rest
On what we call, Saturday!

So be happy everyone
For Friday is finally here
Time to relax with your friends and family
And spread a little cheer.
Written By: Darla Palombia
September 2015


Have a FABULOUS Friday Night!!






No comments:

Post a Comment