Monday, September 22, 2014

Moving On Monday

    Another Monday, and the work week begins.  
Sunday services were energetic and inspiring.  Afterwards I went to spend a pleasant afternoon with my best friend of 24 years.  She helps me stay focused and grounded.  We share our dreams and realities with each other and there are no judgments. 
 There comes into your life many individuals.  Some come for a reason, to give you a purpose or help to fulfill part of your journey.  Some come into your life for a season, to open up your world with new discoveries about yourself and your journey.  Some, come into your life for a lifetime.  That is my friend, Saphya.  God, truly blessed me when we were introduced all those many years ago.  We have seen each other through raising our sons, divorces, new marriages, more divorces and I am so happy to say that I was able to stand by her, when she married Joe.  He loves and accepts her unconditionally.  Spending time with them brings me joy.  They are my family!  
 Sunday also brought football, yes it is that time of year again. Of course, once I arrived home last evening, I had to watch my team play.  I do not get too many opportunities to see them, so I enjoyed watching them.  You see, I was born and raised in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.  My father was a steel worker and I grew up watching the Steelers in the fall/winter, the Pirates in the spring/summer/fall and the Penguins during the winter.  Yep, I am a Black & Yellow (gold to us) girl!  It was great to watch the team, was even better that they won.  I forgot how much the adrenaline flows when watching the game.  How your heart races and then when they win, well lets just say, I did not get much sleep last night.  
  Four and a half hours, the alarm is going off and Monday was here.  I honestly did not want to get out of my bed this morning...but there was that little voice inside saying "Move It!"
  Back to the trenches, but before we can go there...it is Moving On Monday.  Moving on Monday is exactly how it sounds...we need to be moving on Monday.  Get the body pumped up for the work day ahead.  
 Okay, okay, I am in total agreement with all of you, when the alarm sounds on a Monday morning I would rather stay curled up in my nice warm bed, but that only last for a very short period of time, normally at least two 10 minute snooze cycles, and then the voice says: "Darla time to get moving!" I am like: leave me alone, already...but it continues to draw me out.  Out of the warm cocoon of my nice warm fluffy blanket.  
 And then the moving on begins...2 circuits of the following
       50 squats
       20 push ups
       20 body saws

       10 leg/ab work
       10 sideways push up
       10 side plank leg crunches
       20 penguins into bicycle crunches
       20 reps of chest presses, fly lifts and skull crushers with a bridge lift
Then it is time for the 200 ab crunches on a Pilates ball, but it is time to challenge the body...so starting on this moving on Monday...250, UGH!!! 
And if that was not enough for the day, after work the sun was shining the autumn breeze was blowing and the IPod was jamming...3 mile power walk followed by an hour of intense Zumba!!!
  Working out actually does help relieve stress, brings inner peace and soothes the soul.  Especially when followed with a nice hot cup of tea with honey and lemon.




A very pleasant way to say good night to an extremely Moving On Monday!

Until the next time





   

No comments:

Post a Comment