Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Tasty Tuesday

September 16, 2014

 Tuesday morning the sun rises and it is another work day.  What will this day bring, another day of being single and alone or do I change my way of thinking and see this as a new page in my journey of being single and discovering joy.  Definitely the latter is a much better way of thinking.  
 This particular Tuesday though, I woke up, did my morning workout, dressed for work and off I went.  I did not realize until I was gazing out the window while my creamy steel cut oats were cooking in the microwave at work, that I was carrying the weight of being alone.  I could just feel the emptiness inside of me, wrapping around my heart.  The sky was blue with beautiful white fluffy clouds and the sun was still rising.  The morning was bright and crisp, when suddenly a rainbow began to form and the tears streamed down my face.  I could hear in my heart, the song that was sung at a special service on Sunday at Mt. Zion in Hamilton, Angus Dei.  

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
For the Lord God almighty reigns.
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
For the Lord God almighty reigns.

Holy, Holy
Are you Lord God, Almighty
Worthy is the lamb, worthy is the lamb
Amen!! 

As these words poured from my heart, the rainbow became bigger and brighter, and I remember..
 "He set His bow in the clouds, a promise of His covenant with Noah"  

When I am feeling the weight of this lonely world closing in all around me, He sends me His rainbow to let me know that everything will be alright.  He will make everything all right and that I am not alone, and just at that moment of peace, my oatmeal blew up all over the microwave.  I still had enough for breakfast, but I guess it was His way of making the portion just right and not too much. 

Tuesday evenings is workout, Boot Camp Party!  Such a well rounded workout...cardio, weights, abs and stretching in an hour.  Of course if you are going to work the body, you have to feed the body, hence today is Tasty Tuesday.  Time for an inspiring recipe that is both healthy and tastes delicious.

Harvest Pumpkin Muffins

Ingredients:                                                                     Preparation:

1 1/2 cups flour, all purpose                           1. In a medium bowl mix dry ingredients together, set 
1 1/2 tsp baking powder                                     aside.
1 tsp baking soda                                            2. Using a mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy, add
1/4 tsp salt                                                           honey, egg and pumpkin.  
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground                            3. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just
1/2 tsp ginger, ground                                         blended.  Stir in walnuts
1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground                                   4. Spoon into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups
1/4 cup butter, softened                                  5. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, until     
3/4 cup honey                                                      a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
1 egg                                                               6. Remove to wire rack.  
1 cup pumpkin, solid pack                             
1 cup walnuts, chopped & toasted                  Serve warm or at room temperature.

Nutrition Facts
Number of Servings: 12
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 226
Total Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat:
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Sodium: 251 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 32 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 5 g



                            I hope you enjoy these Autumn treats.  Great for breakfast or snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment