"Oh what a beautiful morning, Oh what a beautiful day! I have a glorious feeling, everything's coming my way"
Some mornings are made for those words and what a great tune from Oklahoma. Today was a sunshiny day. Started early with Zach, Caitlyn and Charles participating in the Berryville Yardsale Event. But, alas, I missed my Boot Camp Party! Never realized just how great and in the right frame of mind working out puts me in, until today.
Lets just say, that I was grumpy at choir rehearsal, and that is truly so unlike me. I can chalk it up to being up early with very little sleep, I could say it is because I missed my workout. I could say that I was disappointed in myself. But in all honesty, I truly do not know why I allowed myself to hit the low that I did. The good thing, it was only a momentarily low point.
One of the drawbacks of being single, is that you truly do not have someone immediately there to talk to when you need that instant gratification of getting whatever is bothering you off your chest, out of the system and gone. So, what can we do in that moment, that precious space of time when you need someone to share what you are feeling. For me, I talk to Jesus. I truly sometimes think that He probably is like, "Oh no, its her again." But my best friend is not like that at all. He always listens to me. How can I possibly know this. Faith!! It is that moment, when tears are streaming down my eyes and a rainbow appears in the brightest bluish sky. It is the warmth of the sun's ray, becoming brighter and you feel the gently warmth kiss your face. In the breeze that suddenly gently blows and you feel Him whisper: "Everything will be okay", or at the right moment, that one song that touches you so much and carries you through, comes on the radio. That is how I know that He is with me.
I know that not everyone believes in Jesus and many even question if God exists. But how could this world truly continue each day, every moment, if He was not there. How could the trees that go to sleep in Autumn, know to reawaken in spring. How would we be able to look into the eyes of someone sitting on the sidewalk with a sign and a cup, and just walk on by and not feel anything? The astonishing thing is, people do!! I believe that it is not that they do not feel, but what they feel is fear. Fear to face the unknown, so many try to plan out their lives down to the smallest detail. Fear to give, account they are thinking that the individual is only going to go and spend the money on drugs or alcohol. Fear to believe in another human. Fear that God does exist and that we made all the wrong choices and lived our life all wrong and now there is no hope for us.
Newsflash: There is HOPE! There is LOVE! There is KINDNESS! and There is GOD!! He is alive!
Every morning the day begins a new, and so can I. Every morning I am given another opportunity to make the right choices and to bring Him glory and praise. AND SO CAN YOU!!!
His love and grace are just not for the chosen, but for the ones who choose to believe and to trust Him. To change their lives, to LOVE, HOPE and GIVE!!!
So, does not working out on Saturday morning put me in the wrong frame of mind, YES, it can. I could have still workout this morning, just differently than I normally do, but I chose not to. The endorphin levels that your body releases when you start your day off with physical activity, generates positive and upbeat feelings. You may ache and hurt, but you feel happy all day long!
I truly had no reason to be grumpy, at the event, I was dancing and having a great time. I even had a song dedicated to me by the DJ after my "interview" with him. The song: Pretty Woman. It was a great compliment and fun. I had a great walk with my grandson, Charles. We strolled along the sidewalk, dancing and singing together. We were happy, and everyone saw how happy we were. We brought smiles to peoples faces. We had joy on a very sunshiny day!
Life Lesson for Today: I learned to always do some sort of physical activity upon rising to start my day off right. It definitely makes me feel happy.
It is definitely a Sunshiny Day!!!
Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows by Lesley Gore
Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows
I hope you enjoy the song!!! Got me singing all day long

No comments:
Post a Comment