In January 2010 I was faced with the challenge of a new direction in my life. I was getting a divorce, a divorce that subconsciously I knew for years would come, but was still not totally prepared for. February 2010, on the exact day and at the exact moment he moved out of the house and drove away from our life, my mother passed away. I believe now that she was waiting for him to move out before she took her final breath, and then she was at peace.
So, with my life considered by some, in shambles; I had to rise up and move forward. What a wonderful journey of discovery these past four years have been for me.
Each day, I will share with you, moments of the journey along with recipes, poems, quotes and pictures. The poems, I have written and the pictures I have taken along this journey.
Living alone is not a bad or terrifying thing. Yes, it can be lonely, but I am never truly alone. It can be boring, but then you discover things to do and before you know it, the day is ended and you find yourself fulfilled. Living alone is a time to discover, to challenge yourself and to pray.
If you continue along with me, you will discover one of the best friends I have know since the age of nine. He, who has pulled me through each moment of my life, who gives me the air that I breathe and the strength when I feel I can no longer go on. My friend, my Lord, my Savior, Jesus Christ.
Thursdays are considered throwback days. What a wonderful concept, to reflect on the past and be thankful for the presence. To see where you were and acknowledge where you are now. For some, it may seem that you have gone from good to bad and for others, bad to good. But in the past we made decisions that directed where we are now, and we can use these, to redirect our future.
So, lets throwback...
Thirteen years ago, the United States was devastated by acts of ugliness. For many believed that evil won that day, I believe that good triumphed over all. For watching the United States bond together to honor and fight for the lives lost in a small act of evil, the good in many more came forward. To this day, many more people pray each day, many more people choose God and the challenges that they face and turn away from the temptation of evil. Of course, when you listen to the news or watch the programs that they are putting on TV anymore it does not seem that way, but it is. What if we demanded that the news begin to start reporting the good that is being done around the world, what if more stories of triumph were told, what if....
Something to think about. How can I make a difference? Another question to conquer in this journey of discovery.

We will never forget
On this day, thirteen years ago
When the world watched in horror
Like a motion picture show.
We will never forget
The acts of those that rushed in.
To save hundreds of lives
Even though it cost theirs in the end.
We will never forget
The burdens and the cost.
Of all the destruction
Of the lives that were lost.
We will never forget
How in tragedy, we rose.
To the challenge put in front of us
For Freedom is what we chose.
We will not be intimidated
By those who hide in darkness
For the light that shines from Liberty's torch
Will forever being guide us.
May God continue to watch over the United States of America and bestow His blessings upon us.
No comments:
Post a Comment