Monday, September 15, 2014

September 15, 2014

                                                           Motivational Monday

Ah, Monday, the start of the work week.  When we begrudgingly get out of bed moaning and groaning how the weekend just went too fast.  But, it is time to change that mundane way of thinking.  Monday is a marvelous day!  Work starts, and lets face it, without work, we could not have a roof over our heads, food on the table, gas in the car and maybe a little extra to take in a movie or visit a winery.  The key is finding joy in your work, even if it is the same routine each and every day.  Look around you, do you work with people, in a quiet office with a view or in a classroom of children that believe that they already know everything they need to know.  There is joy to be found, for when you work with people, you are serving, when you work in a quiet office, you have a view of the world that no one else has and when you work with children, well you are planting seeds of knowledge and wisdom that will be the world's future.
 If you cannot find the joy, then it is time to change.  But that is scary.  To walk away from a sure thing to the best thing that God has planned for you.  The job that you were truly created to do.  Some people are very lucky account they discover at a young age were their future lies and the job they want to do and then there are those, much like myself, timid and shy, that I allowed myself to be guided in a direction that was not mine.
  Alas, four years ago, I was forced to truly begin to let God completely guide me and continue to mold me into the person He intends for me to be.  To mature me and build confidence in myself.
  You see, I am a writer.  He gives me words that need to be expressed.  I write poetry and lately the poems have music behind them. As the words are pouring out, I can hear the music in them.  He is moving me, because He needs for these words to be heard.  Maybe someone out there needs to hear them, to read them, so that they come to know that someone cares for them.  That someone is there for them.
  I am also a photographer.  I love to walk and many times I have my camera because there will be something that I need to capture in that moment.  And then those pictures will fit perfectly to one of the poems that I just written.  God is truly amazing and His glory will be revealed.
  I cannot keep these things to myself any longer.  He is nudging me and I am obeying.  I will have them published, I will find that right person who believes in the words and will sing them, or it just maybe that He wants me to sing them.

 Monday morning came
 The radio is blaring it's song.
 I stumble out of my bed
 For the work day is coming on.

Why do I continue
 In this manner, in this life.
 When the world just drains me
  Bringing me sorrow and strife.

 I am alone,
 Single and scared
 I once had two arms that held me
 Now, no one is there. 

I feel so heavy
With these burdens that I bare.
Being all alone
This is my greatest fear.

But then I hear it
A bird outside singing.
My spirit begins to lift
There is reason behind my living.

For He loves me
More than I truly deserve.
And wants me to write
To share His precious words.

He wants me to tell you
Do not give up the fight.
To give your burdens over to Him
And He will puts things right.

What a friend we have in Jesus
 The one who died for thee.
 He destroyed our sins, we are forgiven
 When on a cross, He set us free.

What a joy to be free
Secure within His love.
This world is only temporary
Our true home, is in Heaven above.

Written by:  Darla Palombia 
September 15, 2014

                                  Thank you for joining me in this journey of being single and discovering joy.












No comments:

Post a Comment