Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tasty Tuesday




    What a weekend!  Started off with dancing Friday night at the Backyard Grill in Chantilly VA.  I have to say that this was a very interesting place.  Amazingly they offer 14 oz prime rib for $14.99, however, being that I enjoyed a very healthy salad around 4:30 p.m. Friday afternoon, I opted to try the nachos.  These nachos oozed with cheese, black beans, sour cream, guacamole and chicken.  The chips were light, crispy and airy.  I have to say that the nachos were delicious.  However, once the music started, nachos were forgotten.  I have not danced like that for a very long time.  What I do not understand is why people will watch, move on the sidelines, but not join in on the dance floor.  Their loss for sure.  Two and 1/2 hours later, we cruised home.
 Then Saturday morning came and it was time to work out with the campers at the Boot Camp Party! More fun music to a fantastic workout.  After the workout it was time for breakfast.  What to make for the start of Autumn:  Pumpkin Waffles topped by Greek yogurt and candied walnuts.  Orange juice and coffee completed the breakfast.


  Then it was time to clean and relax before heading out to rehearsal for Sunday.  Then enjoyed a quiet evening with movies and chocolate chip cookies and ice cold milk.  Yeah! I splurged.
  Sunday was an extremely busy day.  But what a day!  Needless to say that at both the 9 a.m. and the 11:00 a.m. church services, I messed up the new song that we learned to sing.  I was so disappointed in myself that I just felt that I really let God down.  The devil will try his hardest to separate you from God, that even in church the devil can find you.  How you ask, by playing on your fears.  When you allow your fears to surface, the devil will enter in and start chipping away at you until failure looms and finally hits.  So, as my fears of messing up the song rose, the devil did his work and BINGO, I messed up the song.  Not once, but twice!!!  I was reprimanded and my heart just sank with every word and all I could think was that I cannot do this.  Maybe God does not want me singing, I am not able to get the song, I do not belong.  Lower and lower my heart sank.  How was I going to make it through the third service.  Yep, there was a homecoming service that our pastor was invited to speak, and the choir went to sing.  So, here I was, feeling that this was not my path and I was just really kidding myself about singing and yet I had to do two solos.  Oh, what would I do.  What did I do?  Well first I read my Bible, I delved into God's word.  I reflected on what my minister of music told me and I prayed.  Prayed that when I sang, it would be at least, okay.  The service begins, first hymn done, after prayer and welcome it is time for the first two selections from the choir.  First song, " I Can Only Imagine."  Okay, I have sung this one, once before but just as we are to begin, I am told that the solo part is the beginning, not the chorus, as I had done before.  Okay!!  I thought to myself,  "Jesus, for you, this song I sing.  I am not gonna let the Devil enter in."  Song went okay, one down-one to go.  After second selection, there is some more speaking and then it is the song.  The song that all morning long, for me, continuously went wrong.  I looked up to the cross, I whispered quietly, "this one is for you, Jesus" and I began to sing.  It went well!!!  Many individuals after the service complimented me on my singing, but it truly was all God!
  After Sunday, Monday morning came....Oh no, another work week begins.  Rose up, did my morning workout and went off to work.  Last day to get a free McDonald's coffee, so of course I had to take advantage one last time.
 After Monday, alas arrived Tasty Tuesday.   Started off the morning with the Honey Oatmeal muffin along with Greek yogurt and blackberries.  Yum!
 And then there was lunch!  A healthy lunch was on the menu for today.  An open-faced red-roasted humus sandwich on multi-grain bread topped with baby cucumbers and cherry tomatoes.  Along side was low fat cottage cheese with cinnamon and walnuts.  YUM!!!

 
   If you like olives, which I do not, you can replace the tomatoes with them.  This is a great lunch that provides you with energy.  Snack for the day was peanut butter and graham crackers.  All in all this was a very tasty meal day.
   Dinner was not on the menu tonight account it was Boot Camp Party workout at 7 p.m.  When I workout at night, I plan to eat my proteins and carbohydrates during the day to build up for the workout.  
  So, what then makes Tuesday night tasty?  Chicago Fire on NBC at 10 p.m.  Firehouse 51 is filled with some tasty looking men, perfect for a single woman after an intense workout.  So, I made a nice cup of tea,slipped into my comfy pajamas, put up my feet and truly enjoyed the indulgence of watching the tasty firemen of Chicago Fire.

   

  Well it is time to say good night for in just a few minutes, Tasty Tuesday will be gone and Whimsical Wednesday will begin.  

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment