Monday, October 13, 2014

Columbus Day!

October 13, 2014

  Yes, it is Monday again and boy what a week I had.  Tuesday and Wednesday were normal work days last week with the exception that I began my Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred!!  I have started off with level I and for ten days I will continue in this level, today will be day five.  This workout is 25 minutes long including a warm-up and cool down and boy I can tell you that I feel the burn.  In September I joined Jillian Michaels 100 day Challenge and each day she gives us a motivational challenges and a workout for the week.  For me, I have not been posting as often as I like on the 100 day challenge site, but that is about to change.

 Recently I have taken measures to change my life's journey.  God has been pulling on me for some time and throughout the past few months has definitely made His dream for me clearer.
 On Thursday of last week, I enrolled and applied to American Public University System also known as American Military University in West Virginia to begin my Bachelor's Degree in Sports & Exercise Health Science.  My focus: Fitness & Wellness.  I have enrolled in my first three courses to begin November 3, 2014.  I am also going to focus on courses for writing and photography.

 I am also focusing more on several book ideas that I have started and will complete.  I write poetry and have begun to share them.. I know that God wants the words that He has given me to be publish and for everyone to read.  For somewhere out there, is someone who needs them.  He has blessed me with this gift and I cannot keep it contained or a secret any longer.  Many times when He gives me words to write, they are not necessarily my feelings or what I am going through, but they are what is brought to me from someone else.  I may not even know the individual, can be someone in the room; but the feelings are there, so strong that He places the words within me, and I write them.  I become them.

 Yesterday at the church service, many of the college students had returned for a short fall break.  Christ Star church always prays over the young adults when thome and it is so beautiful.  I remember when both my boys finally went of to college and I was alone.  The morning after I returned from Morgantown I took my youngest to WVU,  I woke up, cleaned the boys room, took a picture and then sat on my balcony with a cup of coffee and these words came to me.
Gone
August 21, 2010
written by: Darla E. Palombia

Quietly waiting for them to come
Crashing through the door.
But they have all grown up
And that will not happen anymore.
  
In the quiet of the morning
Their beds are neatly made.
Comes the realization
My life is beginning to change.

As I sit here quietly reflecting
Of all the changes taking place.
I think of the years past
And the new ones that I will now face.

When the time was coming
For my sons to part.
I never thought I’d be alone
To heal my grieving heart.
  
I feel sadness that they have grown
And my time with them is through.
I have joy in the knowing
Of a job well done and true.

For the joy that I was given
In the raising of my sons.
Was entrusted to me by God
And His everlasting love.

For I am not alone
In this place or at this time.
For God is always with me
And His love within me shines.

My sons are a part of me
As their journey into adulthood continues on.
And I know I did my best for them
And they are never truly gone.

   I was so excited for them that being sad did not stay in my heart for long.  I raised my sons to be strong independent men.  To be a blessing to society, although my youngest is more the party animal of society.  They were both raised to believe and trust in God.  To pray to Jesus and know that He is with them no matter what is happening.  My oldest son always had a strong and close relationship with God.  But sometimes I know the world beats on him, but I always remind him of who he is truly serving and always rely on Him.  My youngest, well lets say that He researches and tests God.  I know that God gets true enjoyment out of him account He challenges the Father, and God loves to be challenged so that He can show just how much He is in control and is blessing us.  It is a hard lesson when we seem to get more maybe and no answers from God, when we truly want the yes answer the most.  But even at my young age of 50, I, too, am still learning to be patient and accepting when God says "no" or "not yet".  But when He says "yes", what a life changer it truly is.

 Most of the day Thursday and Friday were spent in preparation for my first grandson's baby shower.  Yes, my oldest and his wife are bringing a little boy into this world in December.  I am truly beginning to get excited about the prospect of being a Nonna (Italian grandmother)  I like that much better than the others.  I do have a step-grandson, Charles.  He is such a cute little guy who will soon be turning four this month.  He looks a lot like his mom, my daughter-in-law and to watch the developing relationship between him and my son is so totally amazing that I know God is blessing them.  You see, not only did my oldest say he would never marry, but he also said he was never going to be a dad.  Well, I always told him that when he challenges God, God will win.  God blessed not only my son, but me as well.  My daughter-in-law may not be the easiest young lady, but she has a heart of gold, but is afraid to truly show it.  I, believe in time, when she has experienced the unconditional love of not only my son and myself, but mostly from God, that she will no longer be afraid and she is going to rock this world with love and faith.  When God is in the center, no man can tear it apart or destroy it.  

 I am excited with were God is leading me.  The answers and the direction that He is taking me.  I look forward to the challenges that lie in wait, for with Him by my side, I know that I will be able to conquer them.  So, I say until this world....BRING IT ON!  For with Jesus my savior, I AM STRONG!  



  
Since July 2010, when my life journey truly started to change, I have lost 55 pounds and 14 inches to date.  Slow and steady and most of all patience.
Tomorrow is Tasty Tuesday!
See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment