Thursday, October 16, 2014

Trouble-Free Thursday!

October 16, 2014

     A day with no worries, no problems, no arguments, no trouble!!  Is there ever a day that you experience this.  When you wake up in the morning, everything comes rushing into your thoughts and it all begins again.  Worries over children, finances, life!.  Problems arise at work, with either this or that.  Arguments with children, friends or co-workers.  Trouble!!! Just cannot seem to be able to escape trouble...it is everywhere.

     However, being single and my children grown and living on their own, really does not leave me anyone to argue with.  My children and I appreciate each other more.  I am sure there will be times when we will still argue, but they are much fewer and farther in between.  As we grow older, my siblings and I appreciate the time we can spend together, and try not to have disagreements.  Work, well exactly what is it.  It is a means to be able to survive in this world, to pay the bills and to put food on the table, gas in the car.  If you are lucky there maybe some left to do some fun things or buy some new clothes.  Worrying only brings stomach ulcers, hair falling out and turning gray...not worth it.  Especially when there is someone in my life who wants to carry my burdens and worries for me.  Jesus!  Where would I truly be without Him in my life.  Jesus, He brings me to our father God, and my father God wants the best for me and if at this point in my life it means to be on my own with no one to argue with, well that is definitely alright with me.

    But being totally honest, I miss having someone in my life to have disagreements with.  Why, because I did so enjoy making up!!!  Having strong arms wrapped around me saying, I am sorry and whispering how much he loves me, yeah, I do miss that.  What I miss most, is just having someone there to hold me, to comfort me and to just love me.  People will say, well Jesus is wrapping His arms around you, and I know this is true.  Many of the nights these past four and half years I spent wrapped securely in His arms during the night.  When I am having trouble falling asleep, I call out to Him and begin talking to Jesus.  I give Him my loneliness, my pain and my worries.  He wraps me in His arms and I fall asleep.

    Is there someone out there for me?  Well only God truly knows what He has planned for me and I trust Him with everything.  Jesus puts everything in perspective, just be patient, know that I am loved and live each day to bring glory, honor and praise to Him, who loves me with no conditions.  He loves me no matter how I look, what size I wear and no matter what color is my hair.

   The world will continue to turn.  Night will become day as day falls into night.   We must cherish every moment that God provides to us, for life here on this earth is a gift.  He created us to serve Him and by serving others we serve Him.  Nothing truly else matters, God must be first and foremost in our lives in order to survive mankind.  The devil feeds on our fears and if we do not give them to Jesus, then the devil has a chance of winning.  But Jesus, never gives up on us.  His light may dim in our hearts with the weight of the worries of this world, but when we put down the TV remote and pick up the Bible, that light grows stronger, and peace comes.

 To say that I was terrified of living on my own, I was.  How did I overcome this fear, I gave it to Jesus and He crushed it.  Did I try to find someone by going on dating sites and other means, yes, I did.  Did it work out...no it did not.  So now I am learning to be patient, trust God's judgement and enjoy the peace of not arguing with anyone.  I enjoy the quiet of my home and the fact that after many years of taking care of others, I am now taking care of myself.  So God is crafting me into the person I was always meant to be, but it only took me fifty years to recognize it. I am blessed!

  So, I sit here enjoying Ray Charles, my dad's favorite singer and reflecting on the love that I have had growing up and the love that continues in my life today.  I am blessed!!  I celebrate my mother and father on this throwback Thursday.  Troubles may come, but I know that God has two very strong angels with Him and they watch over me.  How can I not be strong?  I am LOVED!!!



In honor of my mother and father:
Marlene Elizabeth and Samuel Joseph Palombia

Forever together 
In heaven above.
While down here on earth
Are the children of your love.

Always in our hearts
Where forever you live.
May we be shining examples
Of the love you so freely would give.

When others were in need
You were the first ones there.
No matter what you had
You would always share.

Heaven's gain
When you went home.
Hurts so much more deeper
Than living all alone.

I hear my father singing
When songs we shared, I play.
I hear my mother's laughter
In quirky things I hear myself say.

I can see them dancing
Looking deeply into each others eyes
The love that was between them
Could never be denied.

From the moment they met
They were as one.
Two souls woven forever together
On earth and in Heaven above.

October 16, 2014
written by:  Darla Elizabeth Palombia

Until we meet again.
















No comments:

Post a Comment