Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Whimsical Wednesday!!!

Wednesday, the day of the week that says, we are half way there!!!  Half way done and half way to Friday and then the weekend.
  Started off as a whimsical kind of day, but then wham, something happens to just take it all away.  You begin to question if what your doing is really in God's plan for you and maybe, just maybe, He is actually telling you it is not.  That you need to walk away to protect your heart.  To protect the person He is working on building you up to be.  Pain is always going to be a part of my life.  Pain of losing my beloved father over 24 years ago.  Pain of losing a cherished mother over 4 years ago.  The pain of when your children leave home to become independent men and to gain knowledge and make their way in the world.  The pain of watching them struggle and knowing there is nothing you can do than be there for them and pray for them.  Support them, but letting them work it out.  Then there is the pain of failed marriages that leave you all alone.  No one to hold you when you need to be held, no one to talk to, just an empty home.  Nothing!
  During times of pain is actually the time when you gain.  You gain strength, you gain endurance, you gain confidence but most of all you gain faith.  Faith in the one who brought you to this pain, so that He could bring you through it.  To show me that I am never alone.  That He is with me and it is in the quietness of the empty home, where I find peace. In the pain there is joy, for tomorrow will come and He will still be holding me.  In the pain there is comfort.  Sitting with the candles glowing and soft music playing in the background.  I hear Him.  He speaks to me, I am happy, I am loved!
  So on this beautiful, whimsical Wednesday, I would like to share this poem that I wrote in the spring:

I am Here

I am here
Once again bringing you my burdens
Praying for guidance and strength
For I am so overwhelmed with sadness.

After the many rains
The water rushes down the stream
Eager to reach the river
Just as I am eager to fulfill my dreams.

But what seems like forever to me
Is a mere moment for You.
And I must wait and be patience
For to see the greatness that You will do.

Many of my days are lonely
Many nights I am alone.
With no one’s arms to hold me
The tears freely flow.

You capture each teardrop
Holding them close to Your heart.
As I lay trembling, You wrap Your arms around me
Holding me tightly through the night so dark.

The world will not let me go
I feel myself sinking deeper still.
Until my heart is pierced with the image
Of the cross upon the hill.

A place so long ago
Where God poured out His love.
When on the cross my sins were forgiven
By the death of His precious son.

When the pain is so heavy
To the cross is where I go.
To feel the comfort of the one
Who truly loves me so.

For each day He provides to me
Everything that I need to make it through.
His strength, love and forgiveness
Each day for me is always renewed.

Even though I am not worthy
Of the blood He did shed.
He reigns within my heart to keep me strong
For when the world is attacking my head.

May I be an instrument for you, Lord
Giving me the words to write.
Make them strong and worthy
To share Your glorious light.

May my hands be Yours
To help all those that I shall meet.
May I be given the strength to help them,
Lift them up onto their feet.

May my eyes see clearly
Past the surface of the skin.
And into the heart and soul
That lives deep within.

May my ears hear the sounds
Of the cries that are not heard.
So that when I am speaking to them
They hear Your love within my words.

My voice is Your instrument
To sing Your song of love.
Always in joyful, soulful praising
The gift of Your glorious Son.

   Written this day; May 2, 2014
Grotto of Lourdes, Emmitsburg MD
By: Darla Palombia

 Night has come and it is now time for me to rest.  Thank you for joining me in my journey.
Good night!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment