Tuesday! Something to be said about...Tuesday! It is not the beginning of the week, nor the middle or end. It just is a day. But, oh what a day! For on Tuesday evenings at 10 p.m. on NBC, Chicago Fire comes on and enter the men & women of Firehouse 51. Am I addicted to the show. YES!!!
It is not just the gorgeous men on the program, but the story lines are awesome. One of the best dramas to come back to TV in a very long time. I was always in awe of firemen and fire-women that diligently and fiercely put their lives on the line every single day. They will run into a burning building not just to save human lives, but animals too. These men and women are true servants of God. Willingly laying down their lives to save others. To be able to do their jobs, they have to remain in physical shape and they eat extremely hearty but healthy food. I am truly thankful for each and every person who dedicates their lives to this profession.
Today is also Boot Camp Party day! From 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. I get physically accelerated and push my body beyond what I never thought that I would possibly be able to do. I began boot camp in May of this year when Zumba was just not enough for me and I was craving more. After three, seven week sessions, I discovered that I love fitness and wellness. So God has revealed to me, my new path on my journey. Darla Elizabeth Palombia is an enrolled student of American Public University of West Virginia and will working on her Bachelor's of Sport & Exercise Health Science with a focus on fitness and wellness. My endeavor will begin November 3rd.
So with this new direction, I have started to focus more on learning from Jillian Michaels and doing the 30 Day Shred. I am on day five of level 1. Tomorrow morning will be day six. I also created a new Facebook group-Worship & Workout of the Day. This is a group where we can share our ups and downs of weight loss and physical activity. Each morning I place on the site a word of worship that relates to fitness and wellness along with nutrition according to God's word and then create a small workout routine. We can also share healthy recipes and motivation messages to encourage and help each other on the road to fitness and wellness.
Time is drawing closer to when Chicago Fire will begin, so I will be wrapping up today with a tasty treat that I made for a baby shower this past weekend. I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious they were. I hope you too will bake them and enjoy a healthy treat.
Trick or Treat is coming soon
along with all the tasty temptations.
But you can beat back the candy monster
With this wonderful creation!
But you can beat back the candy monster
With this wonderful creation!
Jillian Michaels Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup butter, unsalted and room temperature
1/2 cup sugar substitute, heat-stable (Stevia in the Raw is what I used)
2 large egg whites
1 tsp vanilla (extract or pure)
1 cup protein powder, vanilla flavored
3 Tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
2 Tbsp milk, fat-free
1/4 cup chocolate chips, semisweet miniature.
1/2 cup sugar substitute, heat-stable (Stevia in the Raw is what I used)
2 large egg whites
1 tsp vanilla (extract or pure)
1 cup protein powder, vanilla flavored
3 Tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
2 Tbsp milk, fat-free
1/4 cup chocolate chips, semisweet miniature.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar substitute until blended. Add the egg whites and vanilla extract, beat well.
In a medium mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar substitute until blended. Add the egg whites and vanilla extract, beat well.
Stir together the protein powder, cocoa, baking soda and salt in another bowl. Slowly add to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Beat until well blended.
Stir in chocolate mini chips
Stir in chocolate mini chips
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an un-greased baking sheet (I use parchment paper)
Bake 7 to 9 minutes or just until set. Remove from baking sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Bake 7 to 9 minutes or just until set. Remove from baking sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes about 36 cookies
Nutrition: per cookie
Total Fat: 3 g Sodium: 32 mg Protein: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g Total Carbohydrate: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g Total Carbohydrate: 2 g
These cookies are light and airy and delicious!
Until we meet again! Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment