Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday! Monday!

October 6, 2014

Monday is back!  Where did the weekend go?  Last I remember it was Friday evening and I enjoyed a wonderful church service at Christ Star Church in Sterling Va.  Then Saturday came and to say that choir rehearsal went well at the other church that I sing at, would be an understatement.  It should not have even happened account the music minister apparently had other plans.  He showed up, played one song then high-tailed it out of the church.  He did not go through parts, go over the other songs for the service and ignored when someone asked to please go over the first song.   Do I feel like my time was wasted traveling 20 minutes down the road for a 10 minute rehearsal, YES!!!!  I could have truly done so much more with my Saturday.  I could have went hiking with my son and dog.  When you are a leader and committed to fulfilling a job, you need to be considerate of those that are volunteering their time.  Okay, I was angry and my whining is now over!
 If you are wondering if we sounded okay on Sunday, well you know that God always makes things go well and the choir pulled it together to make the songs sound beautiful.  When you sing for God's glory, it always sounds beautiful.
  Yesterday was a triumphant day.  When I woke up, I got onto the scale and WOW! I met my goal weight that I began working towards two years ago.  After the rough week that I was experiencing, the blessing of reaching my goal weight was a joy.  I felt so happy that I could not believe it and got on the scale again this morning to make sure.  Low and behold it was real!!!
 The amazing thing about last week is that it is now a thing of the past.  It is over and a new week is underway. This week is starting off so much better!!!
 First I have come to realize that last Sunday, no matter what someone else may think, I apparently did a good job singing the solo parts on the songs that I had to do.  Bright spot was when I reflect on how everyone was telling me after the service how beautiful I sang the songs.  Yesterday, the Bishop made me feel really good when he asked me if I was going to sing the song again.  Made me feel warm and happy inside.  Especially after I had come to realize that a person I believed cared for me and was becoming a very close friend, was doing everything they possibly could do to show just how little they cared for me and really wanted as little to do with me as possible.  You ask, how do I know this?  Well let me count the ways a person lets you know that they no longer want to be your friend:
  1.  The person will draw away from you.  Begins slowly, little by little the individual begins to lesson communication with you.
  2.  Becomes unhappy with everything that you do.  Nothing you do can seem to make the individual happy with you.  The individual finds fault in everything you do and does not point out the good things you accomplished.
  3.  Avoids physical and eye contact with you.  As if you have the plague or you are the most hideous thing the individual ever saw.
  4.  Last but not least, even when you try to be nice and talk with the individual, they pretty much answer you curtly and make it obvious they want nothing to do with you.  Totally cold towards you.
 So, what do you do when you lose someone who had become important to you and your life but no longer cares squat for you.
  A)  You begin wandering what you did wrong.
  B)  You question everything you did
  C)  You cry with the pain of losing someone special
  D)  You re-evaluate the relationship
  E)  You pray and ask God for strength and guidance
  F)   You let the relationship go
  G)   You move on!

Every person that God brings into your life, comes into it for a reason.  When you re-evaluate the relationship, you discover all the things that you learned from the individual.  You reflect on all the good that the individual did in your life and thank God for bringing that person into your life.  No matter if it is for a season or for eternity, We can always learn from the people that join in our life journey, sometimes we do not see the lesson right away and sometimes it is obvious from the start.

I am truly thankful for all the individuals that have come in and out of my life.  They have helped me to become the individual that I am growing into.  Never a day goes by that I do not thank God for those who are in my life, those who were in my life but have moved on, and for those who are yet to enter in,.  Each day brings adventure and new people on my path.  Some will walk by, some will stop for a moment and others will walk along the path with me.  I look forward to what the new day will bring.


Enjoy the journey!  I am so glad to have you join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment